The iReKlaim Anti-Inflammation Smoothie
You likely know that inflammation is the body's natural response to shield itself from potentially harmful stimuli. Inflammation is said to be the cause of most diseases in the body and it doesn’t go away unless we take actionable steps to eliminate it from our system. It can last for months, years and even decades. Research shows that chronic inflammation affects about 133 million people in the U.S. alone.
One important step to take to combat chronic inflammation is to do what one of the Father’s of Medicine advised: “Let food be they medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates. Literally. This smoothie recipe provides you a range of super anti-inflammation foods, it tastes great and is super simple to make!
- 1 cup unsweetened milk (cow, goat, sheep, oat, almond, coconut or coconut water, etc)
- 1 cup fresh leafy greens (e.g., kale, baby spinach, swiss chard)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 ripe banana, sliced (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 tsp flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 inch piece of fresh ginger (peeled and sliced)
- 1/4 inch piece of fresh turmeric (peeled and sliced)
- 1/8 tsp white pepper (increases bioavailability of turmeric)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (Ceylon cinnamon ideal)
- 1/4 tsp organic vanilla extract
Place all of the above in a blender and blend until smooth. Sprinkle some chia seeds on top. Enjoy!